Sunday, August 18, 2013

Soup-er Fruit-astic Results

UPDATE:
Bo & Chicken's 
Soup-er Fruit-astic 
All You Can Eat Ramen Noodle 
Belly Burning 
Bikini Wearing 
Ultimate Weight Loss 
(Lookin' Good) Challenge

Chicken:  Bo and I decided that we'd like to get into better shape and improve our health.  

Bo:  Since being gym-bos isn't a viable option (see Blog-er-size) we decided a combination of a healthy diet and home exercise would be the best way to go.

Chicken: So we decided for a month we would give up ALL fried foods.  That means no french fries, no fried onion rings, and 

Bo: No Crab Rangoon!  My only weakness!!!!

Chicken: That's right.  No Crab Rangoon or sweet and sour chicken.  But, we are NOT giving up soda; we are just going to significantly reduce our soda intake.  I'm going down to 1 diet coke a day.

Bo:  I'm going to exercise 3 times a week.
Chicken:  I'm going to exercise at least 30 minutes 4 times a week.
The Results Are In!

Bo:  A month came and went so fast, I could hardly believe it!  So fast in fact, that I forgot to publish this blog after writing the results. Oopsie!

Chicken:  And it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Bo: So true!  With so many extra fruits and veggies around, every time I wanted a snack the only snacks around were healthy ones.

Chicken: Plus, healthy food seems to be more filling.

So here are the shocking results:
Bo: I lost 8 pounds (4 in the first week alone!!) and 6 inches.  Plus, I feel like I'm more awake during the day and sleeping better at night.  I used to crave french fries, but since I've gone over month without eating them- if I do get fast food , I always get a side salad or cottage cheese on the side.

Chicken: I lost  6 pounds and 5 inches.  I've been having trouble sleeping and actually staying up later than I usually do.  I don't crave Crab Rangoon anymore though.
But was it worth it?

Chicken: How can I not be happy with the results?  But I gotta admit that I kind of hit a wall after week 2 and my weight was pretty consistent from then till the end of the month.

Bo: The same for me too.  After week 2, my weight was pretty steady.  Plus, by the end of it I was SO sick of ramen noodles.  It's been months since we've done this and I haven't been able to even look at another cup-o-soup.  I've also been staying away from pretty much all fruit except the occasional grape.

Chicken: I know how you feel!

Bo: I think it just all comes down with being happy with your size and who you are.  Genetics does have a lot to do with everyone's makeup and not everyone was meant to be a size 6- I know I'm not.  

Chicken:  Well let's raise our glasses of Diet Coke and Cherry Coke, respectively, and toast to all of our hard work!

Bo: To our Souper Fruitastic Results!

Chicken: And may we never be crazy enough to try that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment