Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Garden Wars: Kickin' It In The Corn

Garden Wars Update
Bo's Update:
Knee high by the 4th of July. . .
that's how you measure whether your summer sweet corn is on track for fall harvest.  This year Bo's corn is reaching new record heights!



I also brought in my first garden harvest:
cherry tomatoes, zucchini, peas, and lots of jalapenos!

I also learned that I am severely allergic to the leaves of the zucchini plants.   This really stinks because I planted 2 rows of them and I really love zucchini. My grandma has volunteered to harvest the ready zucchini's because of my allergic reaction. . .I broke out in hives all over and my right eye swelled shut.  Seriously. 

However this has not deterred me, in fact it's made me even more determined to win this garden war!  I've had many compliments on my tomato bushes and the height of the corn.  Looks like the ways of old are winning.  What do you say about that Chicken?



Chicken's Update:
Well Bo, I think if you mess with The Chicken you're going to get the feathers. 


I've been hard at work in my garden over the past few weeks. 
The things that have been the hardest to work through have been the severe heat- we're talking 112 degrees and the rainstorms. 
The last storm really beat up my tomato plants.


I harvested some banana peppers, jalapenos, and Anaheim peppers, tomatoes, and peas.

While chopping up the jalapenos so I could freeze them and save them for later, some of the juices ran down my arm and I broke out in hives.  I've eaten them before and haven't had a problem, but I guess now I'm allergic to jalapeno juice.


             This Garden War is far from over! 


Stay tuned for more Garden War updates by becoming a blog follower. 

Do you have any gardening tips? 
Leave them in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment