Saturday, May 26, 2012

Blog-er-size

One - Two - Three - Four
Touch those toes!
Run that mile!
Lift those weights!

Back in May Bo decided to join the Riverview gym.  
In June, Ashes decided to join the Riverview gym.
Chicken decided it was stupid and she wasn't joining a gym.

The following is the life & times of 2 gym-bos 
over the course of a week.  
Come on everyone, it's time to Blog-er-size.
Day 1: Monday
Ashes: Feel that burn!  This is the best idea ever!  
Bo: Exercising surely is hard sweaty work but it will all be worth it in the end.  I'm eating healthy and I'm feeling better than ever!
Ashes: I found some great new healthy recipes online that I'm excited to try out.
Day 2: Tuesday
Ashes: I didn't realize that there were so many muscles in your arms.  
Bo: I'm a little bit sore but it's all going to be worth it.  No pain no gain right?  
Ashes: Yep, this is really and truly the best thing we ever decided to do.  You know I slept like a rock last night.  
Bo: I know how you feel.  I was so exhausted I didn't eat dinner or do laundry.  I'm going to have to do that tonight.  
Ashes: Me too.  I should have done the vacuuming yesterday, but I was so sleepy I just went to bed early.
Day 3: Wednesday
Ashes: Oh, God.  Everything hurts.  I can't take this much longer.  
Bo: Did you have to pee like crazy yesterday.  
Ashes: Yeah.  I think it's all that water we're drinking.  I know it's good for you but I can't keep running to the bathroom every 10 minu. . . hang on I'll be right back.  
Bo: How do you feel about just doing the bikes today and not the treadmill.  
Ashes: Sounds fantastic.  Did you bring your mp3 player?
Bo:  Yep and I see that you've got yours.  I put some new motivational songs on here to put some pep in my step.
Day 4: Thursday
Bo: Okay we are not doing the bikes again.  My butt is still numb from that seat.  
Ashes: How do people do this?  
Bo: I have laundry everywhere!  It just keeps piling up and I'm so tired at night I can't do anything.  I only have 1 more pair of clean socks so I have to do laundry tonight.  
Ashes: I haven't made dinner all week- instead I've just been eating the ready made stuff that can't be good for you- but I don't have the time or energy to cook anything healthy.  
Bo: We can do this.  Other people do this right?  Other people are perfectly capable of balancing a full-time job, pets, and housework.  
Ashes: So, we can handle this.  It's just all about balance.  
Bo:  That's true.  We just need to find our balance.  I've decided to pick 1 day a week to do all the laundry, 1 day for the vacuuming, and so on.  
Day 5: Friday
Ashes: There are just not enough hours in the day.  I spend all my time frantically trying to get all the housework done and running to the bathroom to pee!  
Bo: It's just not possible.  I don't know how I'm supposed to do everything.  I'm wearing my last pair of socks.  Don't look too closely because they don't match, but at least their clean.  Then my cat ate my ear buds so I don't have any workout music!
Ashes: What happened to your plan?  
Bo: Well, it all went down the drain when I got home and found out that Rosie O' (my dog) had torn apart her dog bed making it look like it snowed in the house.  It was magical for about 2 minutes until I realized that A. It's June and B. There shouldn't be 'snow' in the house.
Day 6: Saturday
Bo: When the alarm goes off I turn it off and stare at the ceiling.  There is no way I'm going to be able to get out of the bed today.


Ashes: When I woke up the alarm clock says 5:27. . . that would be p.m.
Day 7: Sunday
The gym is closed.  Thank God!

Well our attempt to get fit didn't take a long time before our trips to the gym dwindled and then stopped all together.  But we did take a lot away from our gym experience.


1.  You have a lot of muscles.  Seriously.  Muscles in places that you never knew there were.
2.  You have to be willing to give up a certain amount of time on a weekly basis to achieve true gym-bo status; the two of us are so family & career oriented that we didn't make it.
3. You don't have to join a gym to get fit.  Small permanent healthy changes in your diet and adding a little walk here and there can make a dramatic difference too.
4. Getting fit is a life change.  You have to set up your mind and follow through with it.  
5. Think before you eat.  Should I really get a Jumbo fries instead of a medium?  Why eat potato chips when I have some apples right here? Choose grilled over fried when possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment